REVIEW : Lust Have It Beauty Box May 2015

3:09 PM

I've been really impressed with these beauty boxes lately. 
I've tried out Bellabox for 2 months, then I unsubscribed because I wanted to try other beauty boxes.
I've been pretty keen on Violet Box but it is quite pricey, so I'll hold that off for now.
Lust Have It was having a $9.95 promo, so I decided to try that out instead. When I received my package, I was pretty disappointed because it was in a plain foldable card box. But the products I received were surprisingly good.


So this came with the box. Behind the card is a description of all the products in the box. For the May box, subscribers had a choice to receive either a foundation stick or a liquid foundation brush. I've already got a foundation brush that I'm happy with, so I decided to go with the foundation stick cause all of my foundations are liquid. 



Bloom Cosmetics Foundation Stick - base 3 ($35)
From the card, it claims to have a soft and creamy formula that is enriched by jojoba and rice bran oil to soothe the skin. Now this particular foundation stick comes in two shades:
Base 1 : for people with light/pale skin
Base 3 : for people with slightly medium/tanned skin
I'm pretty happy with this because it suits my skin tone really well. I've used it a couple of times and I absolutely love it. My face gets quite oily during the day, so this is definitely better compared to liquid foundations. Also, it evens out my skin tone, and covers up blemishes and redness.


SOAK Superfood Skincare


SOAK Skin Booster Body Lotion - 25mL (RRP 500mL - $29.95)
This body lotion is infused with chia seeds, and loaded with nutrients such as calcium, vitamin B3, and magnesium. If you're looking for something moisturising and lightweight while having no/very little scent, then this is the product for you. I, on the other hand, can't run away from lotions with lovely scents so I'll stick to my Victoria Secret body lotion and L'Occitane rose hand lotion.


SOAK Hair Shine Shampoo - 25mL (RRP 500mL - $24.95)
This shampoo is enriched with Maca Root, which provides plenty of nutrients like vitamin B6, calcium and zinc. I like the fact that its got all these natural ingredients. However, I find that this shampoo doesn't really lather that well, so I don't really like it. It has a very faint scent that's very earthy-like almost.


SOAK Hair Revive Conditioner - 25mL (RRP 500mL - $24.95)
This conditioner from SOAK has purple kale in it, which is a superfood with high concentrations of vitamin A, Vitamin K and manganese. It doesn't really have much of a scent, and it's a really lightweight conditioner which is the total opposite of what my thick asian hair requires. So this product is not really for me.


HOLA Seaweed Moisturising Lotion - 150mL
There's not much information on the card about this product. I've started using it every day since I got it. I find it really really moisturising and it has such a lovely light scent to it. So far, it hasn't caused any problems for my skin. I really really like this product. 


HOLA Seaweed Moisturising Eye Cream - 25g
When I opened it up, it looks like jelly that has set after hours in the fridge. However, little blobs will stick to your fingers when you poke into it and after, it'll go back to being a flat jelly. I quite like it, because those little blobs that stick to your fingers are perfect amount to apply under the eyes. It claims to reduce dark rings and eye bags so we'll see how that'll turn up in the end. I really like the light smell of it too, so that's definitely an added bonus.

I'm really excited to try HOLA products because their Australian made.



Lonvitalite 24K Active Face Mask & Eye Mask (RRP $9.95 each)
I really love these two products. I like to put all my masks in the fridge, just to give it that really cooling effect. This face mask and eye mask is really really moisturising. When applied onto face/eyes, it feels very soothing and gives a really cooling effect. Very hydrating for the skin, so I definitely love this product.



Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse - 10mL (RRP 50mL - $24.95)
So this products is actually a multi-purpose dry oil for the hair, body and face. It's enriched with Vitamin E and 6 different plants oils like St. John's Wort, Macadamia, Hazelnut, Borage, Sweet Almond, and Camellia to nourish, repair and soften skin and hair. This oil is really lightweight, so it's not for me because my hair needs a really moisturising and heavy oil to prevent frizz.

Overall, my experience with a Lust Have It beauty box is really good and I can't wait to receive the June box because they're going to include a full-sized lipstick and the nude colour looks absolutely gorgeous. Here's to the calm waves of beautiful beaches and pretty flowers to end this post and to look forward to getting over with exams and not to mention, the end of semester holidays!





Wish me luck, xoxo.














You Might Also Like

0 comments